Tuesday, September 04, 2007

VOKUHILA

This an acronym in German, short for "vorne kurz hinten lang", or "front short back long".

What I'm saying here is that I have a mullet.
It was created in honor of Jeff's entry into the World Beard and Mustache Championships last weekend, which I attended (post to follow). Jeff and Kate have been encouraging me to cut a mullet into my hair for a while now, so this was the perfect opportunity.
Lucky for me, Abi was up to the task, having a bit of hair-cutting experience on her boyfriend Chris. Which meant it was free and I didn't have to deal with explanations to a hairdresser, in German no less.

The mullet has its greatest power when coupled with a jeans jacket.
and a nasty mustache.
And now for a few pictures.




4 comments:

EuroTrippen said...

Grew mustache and a mullet, got a job at Chick-Fil-A... you're a living, breathing Ben Folds song!

By the way- excellent hat worn by the guy in the 3rd photo down...

Anonymous said...

Ha, still waiting for your report on the World Beard and Mustache Championships ..

A hairdresser here once tried to talk me into a mullet. I'd just finished explaining that I spend most of my working hours in a suit. When I reminded her of this, she said that's why she'd thought at least my hair should be kicky.

Alex said...

I'm waiting on pictures from the other attendees.
For a preview of the man, see
http://kateandthechops.blogspot.com/2007/09/preview.html

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic! ha ha! Do you still have the mullet action going?

The sad thing is, that no one here thinks it's funny because it's a completely normal hairstyle here. I was a bit disappointed to see it was thoroughly prevalent in Berlin as well!